I know for me it’s so hard to consume the right things in order to lose weight and be healthy! Once you have tried some things that are good to you, you crave and gravitate towards those things more than not. Guess what? Same applies in the spiritual realm. You have to discipline yourself. What are you feeding your spirit? Just as physical food has nutrients that our body breaks down ,our spirit man gets spiritually fed and breaks down what you put in. You acquire an appetite over time based upon what you surround yourself with, engage in and are entertained by. People actually crave drama! I’m serious! If it’s all they know, they actually seek it! This thing is no joke. It’s so important to be alert and aware at all times of what you are taking in. What are you drinking in and eating spiritually? Once I tried the word and felt it renew and restore me, I began to hunger and thirst for the like. Needing my spirit to leap and to be ignited. Only God can do that. So that is Who I hunger and thirst for in the Spirit. I pray that you try Him and watch Him change your appetite. Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
Compromise (noun): 1. a settlement of differences by mutual concessions; an agreement reached by adjustment of conflicting or opposing claims, principles, etc., by reciprocal modification of demands. 2. the result of such a settlement. 3. something intermediate between different things: The split-level is a compromise between a ranch house and a multistoried house. 4. an endangering, especially of reputation; exposure to danger, suspicion, etc.: a compromise of one’s integrity (thank you, dictionary.com).
I recently heard one of my favorite pastors speak on the promises of God, and she mentioned so very briefly a sentence that has haunted me for weeks now: “The enemy wants to abort the promises of God inside of you…do not listen to the voice of compromise” (Pastor Katherine Ruonala, Glory City Church, Brisbane, Australia).
The idea of a promise being aborted is definitely a sobering picture – but what struck me even more is the idea of my own voice being one that endangers others and me. Compromise, after all, deals with two opposing claims, and a settlement of the two. Thus, compromise means settling for the ordinary in life when God created us for the extraordinary.
We can NEVER settle for less than God’s best for ourselves and for others.
I do it to myself quite often. I completely forget that I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:21) or that I am seated with Him in Heavenly places at the right hand of the Father (Ephesians 2:6). I forget that I am powerful and I am a daughter of the MOST POWERFUL One – so often when I see a “Lazarus” in my life I question God and throw a fit like Martha, rather than declaring from a place of faith for that Lazarus to raise to life (after all, I DO sit at my Daddy’s right hand!). The power of life and death is in the tongue (Proverbs 18:21) and I often forget to speak LIFE.
And what is worse – I often become a voice of compromise in the life of those I love. Sometimes I see through my own lenses of fear and doubt and I forget to exchange my fears for faith for myself and my loved ones. I forget that God is ever faithful and that His promises are ALWAYS yes and amen (2 Corinthians 1:20). I forget that God is not a man that he should lie (Numbers 23:19). I forget where I am: Right at His right hand, seated in Heavenly places. Seated with the security that I am approved, clean, safe, powerful and not afraid!
What I have come to realize is that I am only a voice of compromise when I forget who I am and who He is. Compromise is deceptive. It is smooth and wise-sounding. And if we believe compromise we will never be happy because we were created for even greater works than Jesus did (John 14:12). When I forget who I am, my joy dies – yet the Voice that calls me toward the extraordinary still lingers, and always will because I was created for more. I was created for more…
God has placed dreams and promises in each of us. Sometimes it takes longer than we expect to see these things manifested – but they are definitely there! We must care for them like a pregnant mother cares for her yet born child. We must speak life over these promises, not death. We must rest in the truth of whom He is and who we are. We will never be a voice of compromise when we know where we stand with God.
As I get to know God’s voice more and more and as I get to know more of His character and who He has made me to be, it will become easier to discern deception and fear masquerading as wisdom. May we never NEVER settle for second best. May we always declare LIFE to those things that appear to be lifeless. And may we never become a voice of compromise in the life of another.
Someone asked the question: Is there a limit to love? Can love be found online? Can it defy the adversary of time? I say… Love isn’t limited by physical presence, it can take on any shape it’s bold & effervescent- challenging the restraints of normalcy it pushes the limits of faith, it comes in unapologetically and bombards your heart with grace, it supercedes man’s understanding it’s wisdom cannot be contained, we are walking contradictions needing and shunning it the same and so… I ask you… Do you dare doubt the power of love? We love when we care not to, love enters when we aren’t ready, love overpowers both light & heavy yet we move to its beat & rock steady – all night long, is true love ever wrong? Has there ever been a more poweful entity that prospers within itself moving through all that’s living? See love never sleeps, love never gives up, it removes fears & strengthens the man in the mirror to be tough, yes love can awake dead places and cause fruit to sprout again, the places that you once shut off can now breathe again- so don’t fool me with your doubt its quite evident No need to wonder & figure it out… Love is Life.
Our society encourages us to live a lifestyle that eventually leads to sickness. We are encouraged to work long hours to bring in the money necessary to take care of our family, while at the same time we rarely see them. We are encouraged to take out loans to “get ahead” in life – student loans, business loans, house loans, second mortgages – but yet we just get deeper and deeper into debt and we end up most of the time leaving debt to our kids. We are told that all-nighters are fun and encouraged to pull them in highschool, college, churches, and work, for one reason or another. We are told that all the highly processed foods and fast-food places are just there for our convenience so we can get food quickly since we live such busy lives. We are told time and time again through commercials that Coke opens happiness and are encouraged to drink it at any time we want a burst of energy. The list goes on and on…. All these unhealthy habits eventually lead to high blood pressure, though, as well as gastrointestinal problems, gall bladder problems, fatty liver, ulcers, heart attacks, and even cancer.
There is a better way, though! We can take the “road less traveled” and include habits in our daily life that will lead to a life that is filled with peace and true joy, no matter what the circumstances around us may be. If you would like to enjoy this kind of life, here are 10 things I encourage you to do:
1. Start each day with QUIET TIME. By this I mean that you start your day in prayer, thanking God for the day and the many blessings He has given you, and asking Him what He would like you to do so that you may be a blessing to others. Then taking the time to read His Word, where He gives us His wonderful promises on which we can meditate throughout the day so we don’t focus on the negativity around us; it’s also the book that gives us wonderful guidelines on how to live our lives so we can enjoy the abundant life that God offers us.
2. Cut out sodas and cut down on store-bought fruit juices. Drink mostly water throughout the day, and enhance your drink with a drop or two of Young Living’s essential oils like Lemon, Lime or Peppermint. You can also enhance a small glassful of water with 2 ounces of NingXia Red and add some ice to it for a refreshing drink.
3. Replace Energy Drinks and your afternoon coffee with NingXia Nitro, offered by Young Living, if you are in need of an energy boost. Do not drink the Monster drinks or 5-hour Energy drinks because they are loaded with stuff that will make our body sick when you consume them daily, or almost daily; and as far as coffee goes, usually it is loaded with way too much sugar, especially if we choose the Iced Coffees on a hot summer day. The NingXia Nitro, on the other hand, has much better ingredients in it and will actually ENHANCE your health when you drink it daily, not destroy it.
4. Take the time to exercise, making sure you not only put in the time, but also the effort each time. Make sure you take a day to rest during the week so that your body can fully recover. It’s important that througout the week you schedule routines that will cover all forms of exercise: cardio, strenth-training and stretching; there needs to be a balance of all 3 forms of exercise so that you can get the best results. My favorite fitness programs are those offered byBeachBody so that we can do at home because they are created by professional trainers, and they each come with a schedule so we can know exactly what routine to do so that we can keep our exercise program balanced throughout each week.
5. Replace bath and body as well as oral care products that have toxic ingredients in them (like Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Propylene Glycol and parabens) for products that are not only non-toxic, but also health-enhancing. My favorite brand of products are those offered by Young Living since they have health-enhancing oils in them that I know have the “Seed to Seal” gurantee on them, meaning that the seed is never genetically modified, the plants are grown in the best soil that is never covered with pesticides or insecticides, they are farmed and steam-distilled with low-pressure and at low temperatures and never adulterated, and they are properly bottled.
6. Replace your house-cleaning products for ones that are not only non-toxic but health enhancing. Yes, vinegar and baking soda are wonderful cleaning agents, but when we add a few drops of Young Living’s essential oils, we add an extra health punch to the mixture. Oils that we can use in our cleaning efforts are Lemon and Thieves, for example.
7. Get enough sleep every single night. The only way our bodies can fully recover so that we can be productive and energetic the next day is by getting enough rest each night. The benefits of a good night’s rest are extensive, so take the time to get to bed at a good time each night. Nothing is more important! Nothing.
8. Replace your reliance on pharmaceutical drugs (OTC and prescription), as well as antibiotics and vaccines, for a healthy lifestyle that includes the habits I have mentioned in this blog article.
9. If you are working too many hours each week and not getting a rest day to fully recover, you are overworking yourself and you will pay for it later. Instead, cut back on your hours and take that needed rest day and start investing in your own network marketing business each month so that you can have residual income coming in by the time you retire (which could be earlier than 65 if you start building the business early enough and stay committed to building it by sharing the opportunity with others). If you don’t know what RESIDUAL INCOME is, then please click here.
10. Not over-stressing about anything. A little stress can challenge us, but when we are constantly overstressed and every little thing bothers us, we will end up having a heart attack or ulcers, and it’s just not worth it. Instead, it’s important to focus on God’s promises in the Bible. Here are a couple of verses that are very helpful to meditate on each day when we feel worried about something, big or small: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, let your requests be known to God. And the peace that surpassed all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philipians 4:6-7). “Do not be afraid for I am with you; do not be afraid for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)
Mirdza Pavasars Hayden
It says in Jeremiah 1:5 “Before you were ever formed in your mother’s womb, I saw you and approved you.” I love what Joel Osteen commentary about this: “Notice that verse doesn’t say that God approves you as long as you don’t have any faults or as long as you don’t make any mistakes. No; God approves you UNCONDITIONALLY. No matter how many weaknesses you may think you have today, no matter how many times you fall, you’ve got to get right back up again and hold your head high. Don’t allow the enemy to bring strife into your life by deceiving you into thinking you’re “not good enough”. Stand strong in your thoughts about yourself knowing that not only have you been chosen, but you are approved by Almighty God.”